2 – Embrace A Healthy Lifestyle
“The greatest wealth is health.” ~Virgil
Wealth means little if your health doesn’t allow you to enjoy it. Our bodies
wear down as we age, but with exercise and good eating, we can forestall,
and in some cases, reverse the effects of aging.
A healthy lifestyle requires engagement with family, friends, community.
Cultivate interests and pursue your favorite activities with the luxury of
leisure Our Fourth Age can afford. Live the dream!
- Eat healthy and get plenty of sleep
- Exercise regularly, even if it is simply walking
- Get help developing an exercise routine
- Consider using a trainer
- See your doctor regularly
- Be engaged with family and friends
- Have outside pursuits
- Remain intellectually curious
- Embrace your faith
- Regardless of religious beliefs, contemplate the great
miracle that is life
- Become involved in some sort of community
- Hold tightly to the ones you love
- Don’t let anything go unsaid
- Mend broken relationships